Monday, November 30, 2020

Random Thoughts for December 2020

 

Random Thoughts for December 2020

Robert A. Hall

Feel free to post or forward.  

 

Health update: I’ve been about the same. Weight around 150, hard to get down the 2500 calories I try for each day. FEV numbers have been better. The osteo people tell me my bone density is better, but I have cracks in my left ribs, probably from the lung removal 6/6. Still very tired, sleeping 10-11 hours a day. My surgeon thinks if they can get me off the anti-fungal I’m taking since the lung removal, that will improve.

 

Been slammed lately. In one six-day period I did six My Life, My Story interviews with vets by phone. This means I have to delete a lot of the hundred emails I get everyday unopened. As of this writing, I’ve done 365 stories.

 

December 1. 90% of our Christmas shopping is done, 90& of the Holiday newsletters sent out, tree up and decorated, most outside decorations are up.

 

If you expect things to get better after January 21, 2021, I wish you luck.

 

It feels like Americans have been fighting a rear-guard action for decades. If we hold the senate, the we can fight on.

 

For the last four years, those in the Cult of Hillary have been shouting “steal.” For the next four years, those in the Cult of Trump will be shouting “steal.”  

 

I notice the adult half of the country didn’t riot, loot and burn after the networks called the election for Biden.

 

If Jesse Jackson says sex is racist, the liberals will die out.

 

I though after the election the fund-raising emails, calls, and text messages would drop off. Silly me.

 

I cannot get used to men wearing ballcaps at the table in restaurants. If my DI came in and saw me eating with a “cover” on, he’d beat me to death!

 

Tee shirt: I had my patience tested. I’m negative.

 

I’ve decided to live in the past. Things were nicer then.

 

Using the My Healthy Vet to send messages to the VA feels like using a secret decoder ring when I was a kid.

 

I notice that all the Muslim extreme regimes are celebrating Biden.

“It’s amusing to see people swoon over Biden, particularly if one has long regarded him as a grinning intellectual mediocrity with a core so hollow it could be rented out to recreational spelunkers.” –James Lileks

 

Few things terrify me like a package that says, “Easy open.”

 

“The UN is not so much the United Nations, but the union, or assembled governments, many of which are brutal tyrannies.” – Alexandr Solzhenitsyn. Quoted in National Review.

 

After January 20, will it be okay to sniff little girls’ hair again?

 

There is no use getting mad at a friend or relative for voting the wrong way. Neither of your votes would have changed the outcome.

 

Man: God, when will I die?

God: Hadn’t thought about it. Would today be good for you?

 

You cannot judge the people of the past by the standards of todays. Chances are if you had been born the scion of a Virginia plantation owner in 1840, you would have worn gray and ridden with Jeb Stewart. We are all products of our times, experience and genetic makeup.

 

I think “a while” should be a compound word.

 

Call me a cynic, but I find it hard to believe folks are spending millions on TV ads because they want to save me money.

 

I’ve been up to the max 5000 followers on Facebook our times now. Each time I go on and delete anyone I don’t know, who has less than three mutual friends. I can never get to the bottom of the list. Somewhere around 3500 Facebook throws up a roadblock and I’m back to the start.

 

“Much of academic life has become a Field of Dreams for the nutty.” -- Joseph Epstein

 

There is an excess of certitude and a dearth of humility on both sides of the political divide.

 

From a novel by Brad Thor: “The United States is cutting its own throat with a politically correct knife.”

 

Lesson: You can’t just turn out your base.

 

If you think the nastiness between Trump and Biden supporters is bad, you should read what partisans of the other guy said about Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams.

 

National Review: Oregon has become the meth lab of democracy.

 

If Trump’s “Operation Warp Speed” produces an effective vaccination for COVID, will progressives refuse it?

 

“In the 2020 campaign, the media did not so much cover the Biden campaign, they were the Biden campaign.” Charles C. Cook

 

I've often said that, if Christian terrorists hijacked 4 airliners in any Moslem country, flying them into important public buildings and killing thousands of Moslems, every Christian in that (and every) Moslem country would promptly have been beaten, looted, raped and murdered and every Christian home and business and church (if they let them exist there in the first place) would be burned. So any anti-Muslim acts in this country since 9/11 are extremely mild, rare and restrained. -PM

 

Get the collection! My “Random Thoughts” from 2009 through July, 2013 are collected in this book: The Old Jarhead's Journal: Random Thoughts on Life, Liberty, and Leadership by Robert A. Hall

http://www.amazon.com/Old-Jarheads-Journal-Thoughts-Leadership/dp/1490500162/ref=sr_1_1?s=booksandie=UTF8andqid=1373907206andsr=1-1andkeywords=Old+Jarhead%27s+Journal

The Old Jarhead’s Journal is a collection of Random Thoughts on politics and life and Conservative Political Essays, mostly published on the author’s blog, including the essay “I’m Tired” which went viral on the Internet in 2009, “The Hall Platform,” “This I Believe,” and “Why I’m a Republican.” While they will be of interest to conservative thinkers, they are collected here in book form as a service to readers who wish to give a copy to favorite liberals and watch their heads explode. All royalties are donated to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.

 

*****

 

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam Veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. He is the author of The Coming Collapse of the American Republic. http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Collapse-American-Republic-prevent/dp/1461122538/ref=sr_1_5?s=booksandie=UTF8andqid=1304815980andsr=1-5 For a free PDF of Collapse, e-mail him at tartanmarine(at)gmail.com. Hall’s twelve books are listed here: http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-book-published.html. His blog of political news and conservative comment is www.tartanmarine.blogspot.com. He currently works part-time as a writer-editor in the My Life, My Story program as the Madison VA hospital, interviewing vets and writing up their life histories. During the crisis he is working from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment