Woman suffers severe allergic reaction to partner's medication after oral sex: case report
ecerpt: A woman suffered a potentially life-threatening allergic reaction to penicillin after performing oral sex on her partner, according to a case report. The unidentified 31-year-old was rushed to hospital after she started vomiting, breaking out in hives and struggling to breathe. The patient, from Alicante, Spain, was admitted with suspected anaphylactic shock. She told medics that she had a penicillin allergy but denied having taken the drug before giving oral sex. They then discovered that her partner had been on a course of amoxicillin-clavulanic acid - a form of penicillin - to treat an ear infection.
Post a Comment