Saturday, April 22, 2017

the shame of bin g "physically average."

So ‘Physically Average Privilege’ Is a Thing Now
Excerpt: You should apparently have 'privilege guilt' for being average looking. According to an article in the social-justice blog Everyday Feminism, being “physically average” is now another “privileged class.” In an article titled “3 Unfair Ways Being Perceived as Physically Average Privileges and Protects You,” Rebecca Lays explains that although the social-justice movement frequently discusses the privilege of the “idealized images we see in media,” “it’s not often that we unpack the concept of ‘average’ when it comes to physical appearance.” “The more ‘physically average’ I look, the more privilege I hold, and the easier it is for me to live in my community,” Lays writes. (I used to be "physically average, but I got old. Very old. ~Bob)

No comments:

Post a Comment