Sunday, April 23, 2017

Comey

Comey Tried to Shield the F.B.I. From Politics. Then He Shaped an Election.

Excerpt: ...with polls showing Mrs. Clinton holding a comfortable lead, Mr. Comey ended up plunging the F.B.I. into the molten center of a bitter election. Fearing the backlash that would come if it were revealed after the election that the F.B.I. had been investigating the next president and had kept it a secret, Mr. Comey sent a letter informing Congress that the case was reopened. What he did not say was that the F.B.I. was also investigating the campaign of Donald J. Trump.  (As a general rule, I look at anything originating at the NYT as being just more liberal propaganda. This long, in depth article restores a little of my long lost respect for their ability to get information and report it in a non-partisan way. Were all of the NYT’s reporting this even-handed, I might even be tempted to give it back the respect I had for it in the early 60s. Alas, it would’ve been the exception even then, I’m afraid. This explanation of what happened and why seems to make sense. Read it for yourself. Ron P.)

No comments:

Post a Comment