Thursday, June 4, 2020

White Paternalism Is Racism Too.

White Paternalism Is Racism Too. By Hannah Sillars
Excerpt: The riots in the wake of George Floyd’s killing have been decried by some black leaders, but you wouldn’t know it from listening to the media. L. Joy Williams, president of the Brooklyn NAACP, tweeted Saturday, “I know that our anger and frustration is real. I feel it myself and I know it exists in my community and in Black people across this country. But my gut is telling me that something nefarious is going on here.” Sherrilyn Ifill, president of the NAACP legal defense fund also tweeted: “Seeing some troubling clips. I hope that someone is putting together the clips of incidents from the various protests that appear to be perpetrated by ppl who are not protesting police violence but appear to have different motives and agendas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment