Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Random Thoughts for June


Random Thoughts for June 2020
By Robert A. Hall
Feel free to post or forward.  

Sorry this is late. Been in the VA Hospital. Was coughing up a lot of blood Thursday, now settled down. It’s due to a growing fungal infection in my old lung. I go in the VA again Monday to have it taken out. Given that I’m 74 and immune suppressed from my lung transplant in 2013, this is fairly risky. May not be a June Random Thoughts in July, and if it goes bad, I’ll go dark.

However, I’ve made a career of beating the odds. They told me I was two small and unathletic to be a Marine, but I was. Thy told me with my high school grades, I had no chance in college, but I did well. They told me that a Republican couldn’t win my 4-1 Democrat senate district. I served five terms, retiring undefeated. They told me that with my history of, shall we say, appreciating the ladies, my marriage would never last. It will be 28 years of faithful marriage if I live to September. They told me a couple of the associations I took over were hopeless. I turned them around, membership was up, and they were all in the black. When I was Dx with pulmonary fibrosis in 2006, they said the average time to death was 3-5 years. They said when I had the lung transplant in 2013 that 50% died in the first five years. The VA docs thought I was checking out in May of 2014. And here I am. They said my working days were over. But as a PT writer-editor for the VA, I’ve written 326 life stories for vets in three years. Now this. But I tell people, “Don’t bet against Bob Hall!”

Thanks to being born in a modern, free-market democracy, I’ve lived longer and better and 99% of the people ever born. Thanks to my Marine Dis, I’ve had a long, happy and successful like. So I have no complaints coming.

Note to friends on Facebook. I do not do messenger; I just delete them.

Recent DNA tests show that King Tut died of COVID-19

Nothing says “Back Lives Matter” like white Antifa thugs burning down Low-Income Housing or destroying businesses and putting black folks out of work.

Are Republicans looting and burning down black businesses? Or is it the left?


Facebook is the best non-prescription low blood medicine available

It must be hard being a fake all the time.

A great many of the people rioting would have killed George Floyd for a $20 bag of drugs. But that's different.

Any social order that denies the existence of the sacred is better described as an anti-culture. - Philip Reiff (Freud scholar)

“Ought to be” and “is” are vastly different.

We will never know how many people died due to Covid-19. We will never know how many died due to easing of the lockdown. We will never know how many died due to the lockdown. And we will never know how many hundreds of thousands were reduced to poverty by the lockdown. But everyone will have an opinion.

A conservative Democrat is now one who believes you shouldn’t kill babies after they are five days old.

Leaders eat last. –Marine maxim.

Antifa are enemies in a war against civilization. Past time to treat them as enemies in this war they started.

There is no situation that cannot be made worse by panic.

If Saint George needed to slay the dragon today, he’d have to file an environmental impact statement. Then he’d have to get a special dragon hunting permit from the government. The media would get a hold of it, and PETA would lobby that dragons were an endangered species. Th disarm-yourself lobby would get bills introduced in Congress to ban assault swords or high-capacity lances. He would be trashed on social media, and there would be a boycott of anyone who used his services. By the time he got permission—if he did—the dragon would have destroyed several villages and carried off countless maidens.

Some people ask God for too much.

If Trump loses in November, gun dales in the next two months will break all previous records.  

Agenda-driven journalism will be the downfall of the Republic.

I had a lucky call today. I had no idea they’d been trying to get ahold of me because my car warranty had expired.

I woke up early and decided to make something good of the day. So, I went back to bed.

Pro tip: If you want people to stay six feet away, don’t shower.

“They say,” is a liar. Quoted in Mary Chestnuts Civil War.

“For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time. But nobody fails to understand that this is like jumping into a cauldron.” –Joe Biden

Being an adult is not about driving, or voting, or drinking, or signing contracts, or having sex. Being an adult is about accepting and fulfilling responsibilities. Too many never do.

The next internal Democrat debate will be about having large portraits of Lenin, Stalin and Mao at their convention.

“They Say” is a liar. Quoted in Mary Chestnuts Civil War.

There is a nice irony in rich progressives having vapors over slavery in the old south, ended by Union troops like my Great Grandfather Sgt. Oliver Vernal, over 150 years ago, and at the same time buying tons of consumer good made by slave labor in China. Every society on earth was blighted by slavery. Some people estimate there are more slaves in the world today than ever before. It certainly was a stain on our American democracy, and we’d be a better country today if not one slave had been brought to north America. But you cannot improve the future by erasing or falsifying history.

Stop blaming others and take responsibility for your life.

If I croak during this COVID pandemic, I think they should bury me now, then have a “Celebration of Good Riddance” later. I expect a big turnout. As they say in Hollywood, “Give the people what they want and they will come out.”

The last person who hated western civilization as much as today’s progressives was named Adolf.

WHO needs new leadership, that’s not in any funder's pocket.

Death resolves all your issues.

The destroyers are loose, and civilization is losing.

There are good bacteria, that you need to live. But I’ve never heard of a good virus. Or fungus except to make penicillin from.

The Nation of Islam puts the NOI in noisome.

I wonder what Casual Friday looks like at the Vatican.

It is not surprising that progressives have had little comment on the ISIS attack on an Afghan maternity ward. They view killing babies as “life affirming.”

Note to Obama and Company: Saepe Intereunt Aliis Meditantes Necum.

Your second amendment rights: Best if used before the end of the Trump administration.

It’s not that politicians don’t have principles. It’s that for too many those principles are flexible, especially when it comes to taking care of themselves and their families.

Gravity always wins.

Our grandfathers were made of sterner stuff.

If Trump said the Earth was round, Progressives and the media would say it was flat. Moderate Democrats would say square.

If black lives really mattered, they would be protesting the far higher number of black on black murders. But that's not a chance to loot and riot.

If Nancy Pelosi filled a bill to spent $20 billion to dredge the alimentary canal, every Democrat in congress would vote for it. And the media would say that voting against it was racist.

Democrats used to Have Jefferson-Jackson Day dinners. Haven't heard much about that lately. Now they probably have Lenin-Mao dinners.

Bring back napalm.

This is all part of the new mediocracy...government supporting all that is mediocre...as opposed to a meritocracy, where the best rules. I’m taking credit for inventing this word, and ask that it be used widely. –George

The so-called Green New Deal…is less a legislative proposal and more a slop bucket into which almost any leftwing proposal can be poured. –Kevin D. Williamson.

If a state legislature has bought votes from state employees by increasing pension benefits that they didn’t put the money aside for, they don’t need a bailout. If a state has the funds to provide stimulus payments, healthcare, food, housing, Iftar dinners to Muslims, etc. to people who are here illegally, they don’t need a bailout.

I do get tired of explaining what “satire” means!

“Liberal violence is construed as speech, and conservative speech is construed as violence.” --John James, former Army aviator and ranger, black republican candidate fort the US senate from Michigan.


Get the collection! My “Random Thoughts” from 2009 through July, 2013 are collected in this book: The Old Jarhead's Journal: Random Thoughts on Life, Liberty, and Leadership by Robert A. Hall
The Old Jarhead’s Journal is a collection of Random Thoughts on politics and life and Conservative Political Essays, mostly published on the author’s blog, including the essay “I’m Tired” which went viral on the Internet in 2009, “The Hall Platform,” “This I Believe,” and “Why I’m a Republican.” While they will be of interest to conservative thinkers, they are collected here in book form as a service to readers who wish to give a copy to favorite liberals and watch their heads explode. All royalties are donated to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.

*****

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam Veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. He is the author of The Coming Collapse of the American Republic. http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Collapse-American-Republic-prevent/dp/1461122538/ref=sr_1_5?s=booksandie=UTF8andqid=1304815980andsr=1-5 For a free PDF of Collapse, e-mail him at tartanmarine(at)gmail.com. Hall’s twelve books are listed here: http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-book-published.html. His blog of political news and conservative comment is www.tartanmarine.blogspot.com. He currently works part-time as a writer-editor in the My Life, My Story program as the Madison VA hospital, interviewing vets and writing up their life histories. During the crisis he is working from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment