Thursday, January 16, 2020

'I’m Saddened by the White Man’s Emasculation': An African Sets the Record Straight

'I’m Saddened by the White Man’s Emasculation': An African Sets the Record Straight
EXCERPT: The first thing to point out is that the generalization of colonization, at the end of the 19th century, happened with African majority support. It marked an important turning point in the history of black Africa. And if the populace was in favor of colonization, it was because it could see what Europeans had to offer, which was infinitely better than the treatment they received from their own rulers. The author forcefully and categorically debunks the myth of a colonization that got imposed upon Africa. (This and other facts that are new (at least to me.) I wish I had the French to read this guy's book “L’Afrique à désintoxiquer” (“Detoxifying Africa”), --Bill)

No comments:

Post a Comment