Monday, June 16, 2014

Many "Not To Be Missed" Items Today

General Political News and Comment

Response from a Nurse/Blog Reader to my last health update:
"My name is Emily ----. My father is Colonel --- . I have had the honor and privilege of reading about your strength and journey through the medical world. I have told my father multiple times that I am beyond impressed with your positive attitude, complete understanding of the medical field and what all you are going through. You see Mr. Hall I am a nurse myself and I personally want to tell you that after reading your journal and blogs and explanations of everything you've been through you are a nurse's DREAM PATIENT! You are the poster patient for a positive attitude and proof that it can take you through rough times and take you farther than anyone in the medical field could have guessed. It is truly a pleasure to work with a patient who has the outlook you do. Also the way you explain the medical terminology, procedures and truly understand what they mean and how they relate to you and the process of everything is mind blowing. I have worked with people who have no clue why they are taking this medication or why this test is ordered-besides that their doctor told them to do it. So please be proud of yourself and give yourself a pat on the back, because from an outsider looking in... you have earned your medical degree and nursing degree :) Please know that if there is anything I can do as a medical professional, nurse, or extra set of ears please don't hesitate. I know you don't know me and from the past blog readings you have one heck of a medical team supporting you. A team that I can say is truly blessed to have you as a patient. I pray you are reading this feeling better than 5/21 and continue to strengthen your position on the battle ground. I'm cheering for you, praying for you and thinking of you often. Thank you for sharing your journey, God Bless Sincerely, Emily"

I told her I didn't see how being disagreeable would help my situation. I sent it to nurses on mu list, and received the below from one of the really excellent VA nurses who helped save my life on Memorial Day. He's both a great nurse and a great guy. ~Bob

She hit the nail on the jar-head. There are people you come across in your life that leave a lasting impression. Their name will pop up years down the road. The stories they told you, the experience you had together, and wisdom they shared is priceless. Three years ago I had a patient Mr. S. He was a Marine! He was one of the most stubborn Jarheads I have ever met. The doctors told him he was going to die every day for three weeks. He told them with a smile every morning that they were "f*@$ing wrong again." I requested to work with him because his family was amazing, the stories were incredible, and he was making me a better nurse. One day I sat with him and asked why he did not listen to the doctors. I told him that his cancer would kill him. He said, "F@#$ You," with a smile. Mr. S said that every day he woke up in Vietnam and his commanding officer told him and everyone else in his platoon that they are going to die today. He never explained why his CO did this, but he did say that everyone in his platoon yelled back to him, "F@#K YOU SIR." I laughed for a second, then instantly realized he was serious. This MAN fought every day to live. How can you tell him it’s ok to stop fighting.......I realized you don’t. I went to visit him the day we discharged him home with hospice. I watched as a crowd of people cheered at his return home. I toured the amazing home that he remodeled himself. He told me that day, "You were wrong again." He smiled and said, "When you are finally right, I will not be around to hear you say so. Thank you for coming." I am proud to say that I fought to get him home and that I supported his wishes and his family in their transition. I am thankful that he was able to pass with dignity. Years from now I will tell other veterans about Mr. H. --C

Books I have recommended on the Old Jarhead Blog since 2008

Old Jarhead Blog page views in the last month
I think it's down because of the lack of posts when I was in hospital, and because I can't post as frequently as I use to. Here are the stats now: United States: 13,628. Italy: 1,242. Ukraine: 1,144. Russia: 586. Germany: 424. Saudi Arabia: 400. Spain: 390. France: 388. Canada: 266. United Kingdom: 254.

Tom Kratman's E-newsletter
Yes, this is another of my very infrequent letters.1. New book, The Rods and The Axe, coming out on 1 July. It's number 6 in the Carrera series that began with A Desert Called Peace. It's not bad, I think. 2. I've been doing a weekly column in an online Magazine, www.Everyjoe.com, for the past couple of months. My column shows up under politics and is entitled Lines of Departure. Basically I've got the non-exclusive military and foreign affairs portfolio for the magazine. It gets a preposterous number of views (the magazine, I can't say about my column) and has a fair range of material from politics to sports to the all-important Girls page. Think of it as digital Esquire for other than coastal liberal males. 3. If you nose about on Amazon.com you can find that the series of articles I did for Baen is now available consolidated as a short ebook. Training for War. Best to everyone, --Tom Kratman . (If it's close to is usual standards, The Rods and the Axe will be excellent. Kratman's military science fiction is a must-read for me. You can pre-order here http://www.amazon.com/The-Rods-Axe-Carerra-Kratman/dp/1476736561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402940078&sr=8-1&keywords=Rod+Axe+Kratman --it goes to the top of my reading pile as soon as I can read it. Kratman at everyjoe.com is here: http://www.everyjoe.com/?s=Kratman&submit=Search ~Bob.)

Training for War: An Essay. By Tom Kratman 
The Kindle Price is $0.00, which is kinda hard to beat. I'm still a paper and ink book antediluvian dinosaur, but everything I've ever read by Kratman was worth reading, so I have no trouble recommending this one. ~Bob

Worth Reading: Operation Alice Cooper: How to Get Out of Afghanistan The Right Way. By Tom Kratman
http://www.everyjoe.com/2014/06/16/politics/how-to-withdraw-from-afghanistan-right-way/
Excerpt: Withdrawal in contact, under pressure; it’s a toughie. It’s harder than Hell at squad level and only gets worse as the unit level goes up. Just to set the framework of the problem, there are a number of military operations that are unusually difficult and perilous. Amphibious landings, for example, are extremely problematic (Gallipoli’s an extreme example, though Tarawa – “situation in doubt” – was iffy, as well). Parachute operations (Crete, Market Garden) are only just less so. But among the more difficult exercises is Withdrawal in Contact. (Tarawa would have been less iffy if the Navy-Marine leadership had believed Major Frank Holland who had lived in the Gilberts for fifteen years [an Aussie I think] about the "dodging" tides, which meant the Marines had to wade the lagoon against Machine Gun fire. The Marines at Wake island defeated the first Japanese Amphibious Assault, sinking a destroyer, and were counter-attacking the second landing when Cdr. Cunningham surrendered the island. ~Bob)

Worth Reading: A Poor Brat Whipped Cantor's (A)$$(ets). By Andy Weddington
Excerpt: There's been more than a few queries asking about comment on this week's political upset. So, here it is - short and sweet...

"War on Women" Must Read: The Hillary Tapes: Clinton tells of defense of child rapist in newly unearthed recordings
Excerpt: The recordings, which date from 1983-1987 and have never before been reported, include Clinton’s suggestion that she knew Taylor was guilty at the time. She says she used a legal technicality to plead her client, who faced 30 years to life in prison, down to a lesser charge. The recording and transcript, along with court documents pertaining to the case, are embedded below. The full story of the Taylor defense calls into question Clinton’s narrative of her early years as a devoted women and children’s advocate in Arkansas—a narrative the 2016 presidential frontrunner continues to promote on her current book tour.

Guns--from a forwarded email--Not verified. ~Bob
Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in my doorway. I left 6 shells beside it, then left it alone and went about my business. While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near the front of our house. After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world. The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World, but, if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders. These 4 Cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States. (I have no source for the original version of this, but I did the research myself on the UN list of countries and murder rates, and USA is rated at 4.8 murders per 100,000 inhabitants. Of course, for 300+ million people that adds up to a lot of dead bodies, but there are countries whose rates are literally 10X ours, like El Salvador. Mexico next door is 4+ times as high, but at least Canada is only at 1.6, so you can go visit there and feel pretty safe. If you take out the four cities mentioned below, the whole rest of the country drops significantly, if you take out all large cities, it really drops. So yes, living in the country, or a small town, or even a medium size city means you're in a lot safer area. I have no urge whatsoever to live in a big city, but if somehow I was required to live in downtown DC or Chicago, I would really insist on someone somehow getting me a carry permit, and one for my wife as well, if she hadn't left me rather than move there. And I'd practice at least once in a while. I have no desire to ever shoot anyone, but if threatened or seeing others threatened, I would not hesitate. Del. We lived in the Chicago burb of Des Plaines for 5 years for our jobs. When they found half a body literally a stone's throw from our condo, we acquired firearms. But of course, at the time, couldn't carry outside, where we needed them. Only the thugs, pols and cops could carry. ~Bob)

Is Obama Hoping to Goad the GOP Into Impeaching Him?
Excerpt: It is a confounding spectacle. The President of the United States faces a grave crisis in Iraq that threatens to undo the hard-won victory of his predecessor and flies off for a weekend of golf and fundraising in Palm Springs, blandly assuring the American people that his staff would prepare options for him to review in a couple of days. Our embassy in Baghdad, the world’s largest such outpost, studies evacuation plans bringing to mind the Fall of Saigon, while US contractors at an Iraqi military base may be trapped by the advancing forces of the Al Qaeda-inspired jihadists. Later that afternoon, the IRS explains to the American people that the potentially incriminating emails of its senior official who has taken the Fifth Amendment are somehow lost in a “computer crash,” as if there were not two parties to emails and no servers monitored by the NSA handled the transactions. (Obstruction charges, at a minimum, should be filed against every computer tech, office pogue, and manager with so much as a cursory link to Lerner and Lerner's computer, etc. And the screws tightened. Want to bet those emails appear? --Andy)

Great Ad--Not Political

10-Year-Old Girl on Scooter Beaten on Sidewalk, Reportedly Called ‘Cracker’ — and Possible ‘Hate Incident’ Is All Caught on Video
Excerpt: No arrests have been made as of Friday after an attack on a 10-year-old girl riding a scooter on a Cleveland sidewalk earlier in the week — but police are investigating the assault as a ”hate incident,” Cleveland.com said, citing a narrative included with the police report.

ABC News’s Diane Sawyer destroys Hillary Rodham Clinton on Benghazi
Excerpt: A standard defense for Hillary Rodham Clinton when facing questions about Benghazi, Libya, has been to cite her commissioning of a report from the State Department’s Accountability Review Board (ARB), which took a deep look at the attacks that claimed the lives of four U.S. personnel on Sept. 11, 2012. In testimony before Congress in January 2013, Clinton said: “I hurried to appoint the Accountability Review Board led by Ambassador Pickering and Admiral Mullen so we could more fully understand from objective, independent examination, what went wrong and how to fix it. I have accepted every one of their recommendations.” (Hillary will be dancing around Benghazi from now until she loses the next election. What's so amazing is that someone in the media actually threw her some hardball questions. Which she could not really answer in any decent way that got her off the hook. Bottom line is still simple- she was the head of the State Dept, she had an ambassador in the most dangerous post in the world asking for more security, he never got it, he and three others died. She can try to dance away from the responsibility all she wants, but that buck does stop on her desk, and the investigation she authorized said the security in Libya sucked. Trying to act like complaints about specifics at one area meant she had no responsibility for any other areas is truly a dance worthy of a ballerina, but as we say down here, that dog don't hunt. I look forward to seeing her on Fox. --Del)

When Will Hillary Let It Go? By Maureen Dowd
Excerpt: Like Arendelle, America is frozen: The war still rages in Iraq, the Clintons still dominate the political scene and Hillary still obsesses about money, a narrative thread that has existed since she was thwarted in her desire to build a pool at the governor’s mansion in poor Arkansas and left the White House with a doggie bag full of sofas, rugs, lamps, TVs and china, some of which the Clintons later had to pay for or return. Even Chelsea was cashing in, getting a ridiculous, $600,000-a-year scion salary from NBC, far greater than that of many of the network’s correspondents.

Excerpt: I've written unendingly about the inefficiencies of Obamacare. And we've all read nightmare stories about the impact this has had on people who've needed care and had the system fail them. To now, for most of us, the Obamacare fiasco has just been an ugly abstract thing. That changed for me, and I hope for you, as of yesterday. One of our blog "regulars" emailed me yesterday. He's a recently retired Boeing engineer up in Washington state. He's one of the good guys, hard working with a deep love for his family. Sadly, I learned that his wife has cancer. She's been undergoing weekly chemotherapy, taking a drug called Velcade which seems to be effective in beating back the cancer. Two weeks ago Greg took his wife in for chemotherapy only to be told by the hospital that they could no longer treat his wife. Seems the Washington state health exchange doesn't have him in their system, even as they have been accepting his health premium payments for several months.

Homeland Security Police Caught Harassing Sick Veterans
Excerpt: According to reports, 20 officers from the DHS Federal Protective Service (FPS) dressed in full black combat gear crowded at the entrance of VA Mission Valley Health Care Clinic on Wednesday. These officers were not wearing any name tags and refused to identify themselves. Four bomb-sniffing dogs accompanied the secretive police group that arrived at the facility in 8 white SUVs marked “FPS”, which then blocked all access to parking for disabled veterans. Veterans arriving for care were alarmed and some frightened away. (I had seen one report about this, from a vet or maybe a vet's wife, that described a horrible action by black-suited combat equipped cops who were absolutely arrogant and downright nasty to everyone as they strutted around the VA facility. And made jokes about being there since vets are known to be likely terrorists. (Very funny) This article confirms it, and there should be a lot of screaming all the way up the chain of command and somebody needs to get chewed out thoroughly, and then find the jerks who behaved so badly and explain to them that they don't get badges and guns and all that fun stuff so they can harass citizens, and certainly not sick vets. What idiots! --Del)

China's Vietnam veterans fighting new battle 
Excerpt: Marginalised and misunderstood, Chinese Vietnam veterans -- who fought in a little-celebrated war against their southern neighbours -- risk beatings and prison in a new battle with government officials. (And US vets thought we had it bad! The Chinese guys got mowed down when they invaded Viet Nam, they had no experienced soldiers and the VN had plenty. And now they are being treated like crap by those in charge. No respect for anyone from the real communists, not even for their own troops. --Del)

Congressman Marino: EPA Coal Proposal Is 'Job Crushing' 
Here is a PJTV Video: "Congressman Marino: EPA Coal Proposal Is 'Job Crushing'" that really is enlightening. Take a look and maybe pass it on. Everyone needs to understand what the realities are about energy generation, pollution, etc. --Del

IRS Lost Lerner Emails Due to Computer Crash, Agency Says. IRS claims it cannot produce emails between Lerner and White House
Excerpt: In a statement, Camp called the disclosure—more than a year into the committee’s investigation—“completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’ response to congressional inquiries.” (Hey, these things happen. Look at poor Richard Nixon who wanted to release the Watergate tapes, only to find a mysterious 18.5 minute gap where one had been accidently erased. No different here. I myself had a crash and lost all the records of that $10,000 donation I made a month ago to charity. But I'm sure the IRS will believe me on my 2014 tax return, just as I believe them. ~Bob)

Important: The Dog Ate My E-Mails, for Two Years: IT experts and the IRS’s own manual note that backups of Lerner’s e-mails must exist. By John Fund
Excerpt: A growing number of computer professionals are stepping forward to say that none of this makes sense. Norman Cillo, a former program manager at Microsoft, told The Blaze: “I don’t know of any e-mail administrator [who] doesn’t have at least three ways of getting that mail back. It’s either on the disks or it’s on a TAPE backup someplace on an archive server.” Bruce Webster, an IT expert with 30 years of experience consulting with dozens of private companies, seconds this opinion: “It would take a catastrophic mechanical failure for Lerner’s drive to suffer actual physical damage, but in any case, the FBI should be able to recover something. And the FBI and the Justice Department know it.” (Can't Congress subpoena the NSA for the emails? ~Bob)

US health care data point to much weaker first-quarter GDP
Excerpt: The government reported that the economy contracted at a 1.0 percent annual rate in the January-March period. But with health care spending data now in hand, economists say growth probably declined at a rate of at least 1.7 percent. (We were told this year's dismal first quarter GDP was all because of harsh winter weather, right? You can kiss that assertion goodbye. The contraction, originally pegged at around 1%, is more than likely closer to 2% thanks to bad health care data. --The Patriot Post.)

U S. Army appoints General to lead investigation into Bowe Bergdahl's desertion and capture by the Taliban.
Excerpt: The investigation into how Bowe Bergdahl came to leave his base in Afghanistan is to start next week, after the Army appointed a General to lead the inquiry. The two-star General, whose identity has not been released, will examine the events leading up to Bergdahl's departure from the base in June 2009. (I hope he's a fighting general who cares for the troops and not a careerist political general...but I fear...~Bob)

Man calls for help during home invasion, gets voicemail
Excerpt: A man called 911 after four robbers with guns broke into his home, demanded money and prescription drugs. The dispatcher tried to transfer the call from the fire department to law enforcement side of things – but he got a voicemail just as the crooks returned to the home. Chaos ensues. The man takes matters into his own hands and shoot one of the robbers. (When seconds count, please leave a message at the tone. If the robbers were smart, they'd look for anti-gun statements in the press and target those homes. ~Bob)

Putin’s War in Ukraine Marks Rebirth of Stalinism in Russia
Excerpt: The Russian authorities have unleashed and are conducting a war in Ukraine, “a new type of war without declaration or a front line” and one that is simultaneously “destroying all official Soviet and post-Soviet myths and clarifying the real nature of the political regime in Russia,” according to Igor Chubais.

Obama’s foreign policy of retreat. By George F. Will
Excerpt: Two hundred and nine years after Marines visited those shores, dispatched by President Jefferson to punish Barbary pirates for attacking U.S. vessels in the Mediterranean, Marines are again in that sea, poised to return. If they are sent ashore, their mission will be to rescue U.S. citizens from the consequences of U.S. policy. Then they might have to do the same thing in Baghdad. The House Select Committee on Benghazi should not consider the attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, its sole or even primary topic. Rather, it should begin at the beginning, with the U.S. military intervention in Libya’s civil war 18 months before Benghazi.

Religion of Peace News

Important: As ISIS captures Iraqi town near Syrian border, U.S. says it is drawing down its embassy staff
Excerpt: Al-Qaeda renegades captured another major town in northern Iraq on Sunday, forcing hundreds of families to flee into the surrounding desert as their country’s grim descent into a new round of bloodletting continued unchecked. (If things get any worse there, Obama may have to skip a gulf date or fund raiser to show how serious he is. ~Bob)

Massacre Claim Shakes Iraq
Excerpt: Wielding the threat of sectarian slaughter, Sunni Islamist militants claimed on Sunday that they had massacred hundreds of captive Shiite members of Iraq’s security forces, posting grisly pictures of a mass execution in Tikrit as evidence and warning of more killing to come.
The possible mass killing came as militants cemented control of the city of Tal Afar, west of Mosul, after two days of fierce clashes with Iraqi troops, residents and senior security officials said. 

Islamic terrorist group releases video and pictures of murderous acts in Iraq
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/islamic-terrorist-group-releases-evidence-murderous-acts-article-1.1830583
Excerpt: The bloodthirsty Islamist group hellbent on overthrowing the Iraqi government claims to have massacred 1,700 soldiers and posted a series of gory pictures of executed captives that kicked off a chain reaction of fear from Baghdad to the Beltway. (What's the difference between Nazis and Islamists? The Nazis tried to hide their inhuman crimes, the Jihadists proudly broadcast them. ~Bob)

Excerpt: The news of a church under construction which exploded east of Mosul is already on social networks. Together with the news that the monastery of Mar Behnam - dating back to the fourth century, one of the most important historical sites of Assyrian Christianity – is in the hands of militants of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant since yesterday, after taking control of Iraq's second city. 

Iraq crisis: the jihadist behind the takeover of Mosul - and how America let him go
Excerpt: “Abu Duaa was connected to the intimidation, torture and murder of local civilians in Qaim”, says a Pentagon document. “He would kidnap individuals or entire families, accuse them, pronounce sentence and then publicly execute them.” Why such a ferocious individual was deemed fit for release in 2009 is not known. One possible explanation is that he was one of thousands of suspected insurgents granted amnesty as the US began its draw down in Iraq. Another, though, is that rather like Keyser Söze, the enigmatic crimelord in the film The Usual Suspects, he may actually be several different people. (We need to shoot these people out of hand--locking them up doesn't work. ~Bob)

‘Practically Speaking, Iraq Has Broken Apart’
Excerpt: With Baghdad’s army disintegrating and terrorists on the rampage, the son of Iraq’s president—himself a top Kurdish official—says Iraq is effectively a single country no more. American presidents and Iraqi strongmen have been trying for decades to keep the country intact. But that effort is now failing under pressure from the Islamic extremists who are taking over more and more of Iraq’s cities. “Practically speaking, the country has broken apart,” a top official in Iraq’s Kurdistan Regional Government told The Daily Beast.

Iraq crisis: the bare faced ISIS executioner who spreads terror with his open killing
Excerpt: In an army full of masked, black-clad figures, he is the one man who is never shy to show his face. But for those unlucky enough to cross him, the face of Shakir Wahiyib, a feared enforcer for the Islamic State of Iraqand al-Sham, is often the last they will ever see. The star of a series of grisly jihadist videos, including one in which three men are executed after failing his "Quranic quiz", Wahiyib is one of the few publicly-identified leaders of the shadowy jihadist group that has swept through northern Iraq.

Libya crisis: More deadly clashes in Benghazi
Excerpt: Fresh clashes broke out in Benghazi on Sunday after a rogue general launched a fresh assault on Islamist militants. Tanks were seen on the streets and explosions could be heard throughout the day in Libya's second-biggest city. General Khalifa Haftar, who accuses the government of supporting terrorism, began an assault against Islamist fighters in the city last month. (This is what happens when you put a lead-from-behind community organizer in charge of foreign policy. ~Bob)

Excerpt: One of the five Guantánamo detainees released as part of the Bowe Bergdahl prisoner swap had a hand in al Qaeda’s plans just before the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Mohammad Fazl — who was the Taliban’s army chief of staff and deputy defense minister before his detention at Guantánamo — was not directly involved in the 9/11 attacks, but he did play a part in a military offensive aimed at Taliban and al Qaeda enemies the day before the World Trade Center towers were destroyed, according to The Weekly Standard.

US Quietly Moves Detainees Out Of Secretive Afghanistan Prison
Excerpt: The Obama administration has quietly repatriated a dozen detainees from a small U.S. military prison in Afghanistan, moving a modest step closer toward winding down the United States' controversial post-9/11 detainee system. President Barack Obama, in a letter to Congress released on Thursday, informed U.S. lawmakers that about 38 non-Afghan prisoners remained at the Parwan detention center outside of Kabul, down from around 50 a few months ago.

Excerpt: The Pakistani military has launched what it described as a "comprehensive operation against foreign and local terrorists" in the Taliban-controlled tribal agency of North Waziristan. The operation, called "Zarb-e-Azb" after the name of the Prophet Muhammad's sword, was announced today by the Inter-Services Public Relations, the public affairs arm of the Pakistani military, which said it is targeting "foreign and local terrorists who are hiding in sanctuaries in North Wazirastan [sic] Agency."

Excerpt: The Islamic State of Iraq and the Sham's administrative division in Salahaddin proudly displayed photographs of the capture and execution of Iraqi soldiers after it took over a base in the province. The graphic photographs were released today on the Twitter account belonging to Wilayat Salahaddin, or Salahaddin Division. The ISIS has divided its "state" in Iraq and Syria into 16 administrative units, or wilayats.

Excerpt: The US killed an al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula commander and four fighters in the second recorded drone strike in southern Yemen this month. Earlier today, the remotely piloted Predators or the more deadly Reapers fired several missiles at a vehicle "in a mountainous area" in al Saeed in Shabwa province, according to The Associated Press. US drone strikes in Yemen routinely target AQAP leaders and fighters as they travel in vehicles.

This Is How Some Palestinians Are Celebrating the Kidnapping of Three Israeli Teens
Excerpt: Palestinian moms, dads, grandparents, college students and children headed out over the weekend with sweets in hand to celebrate the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers. One of the missing teenagers reportedly holds U.S. citizenship. Reporters who cover Palestinian affairs linked to photos on Palestinian Facebook pages and websites documenting the festivities, while Israel Defense Forces troops were engaged in a massive manhunt to find Naftali Frenkel, 16, Gilad Shaar, 16, and Eyal Yifrach, (Will Michelle Obama tweet another #BringBackOurGirls hashtag? Ha! Not for Jews. ~Bob)

Al-Qaida video urges Kashmiris to wage jihad on India
Excerpt: Senior militants from al-Qaida’s central command have released a video calling on Muslims in Kashmir to follow the example of “brothers” in Syria and Iraq and wage a jihad against India, a media report said Saturday. The video, which cites the “new Afghanistan being created in Syria” as inspiration, is the first to specifically target Kashmir.

Palestinian Media Makes Light of 3 Students' Kidnapping

Excerpt: PA President Mahmoud Abbas condemned the kidnapping Monday. But general Palestinian reaction, including in the PA-controlled media, have taken a far more disturbing tone. Celebrating terrorist attacks and honoring killers has become commonin Palestinian culture under both Hamas and the PA. The PLO's executive committee called the kidnapping "alleged" and condemned Israel's response as racist. (Hey, Michelle, how about a hashtag tweet #BringBackOurJewishGirls? No? Why not? ~Bob)

No comments:

Post a Comment