Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'm so Old...

I'm so old
Robert A. Hall

I'm so old that...

I remember when Obama vowed Assad had to go, before he made a deal with Russia to keep Assad in power.

I remember when Obama vowed to cut the deficit in half, before he was elected and doubled it.

I remember when Obama vowed to have the most transparent administration in history, before the media was excluded from closed door meetings on Obamacare and administration officials started using secret email accounts to keep them out of the hands of the media under the FOIA..

I remember when Obama said that raising the debt ceiling was unpatriotic, before not raising it became racist.

I remember when Obama promised that people who liked their health insurance plans could keep them under Obamacare, before millions lost their non-compliant plans.

I remember when Obama promised to put all bills on the Internet for three days so people would know what was in them before he signed them, before he signed Obamacare the instant it passed.

I remember when Obama was supposed to be the post-racial president, before his supporters made every disagreement on policy about race, creating a hyper-racial political climate.

I remember when then-state senator Obama sponsored the Illinois "Stand Your Ground" law, before he attacked such laws as racist after the Trayvon Martin shooting, though Florida's law, which has benefited blacks disproportionately, was not used as a defense by Zimmerman.

I remember when Obama got reelected by saying that al Qaeda was on the run, before his war, which violated the war powers act, made Libya into anal Qaeda terrorist haven. And before al Qaeda affiliates grew to be powers in Iraq and Syria.

I remember when Obama said that Afghanistan was a war of necessity, a war we had to win, before he announced we were going to cut and run.

I remember when Obama vowed we would never negotiate with terrorists before he negotiated with them to swap one deserter for five terrorist leaders with blood on their hands. And in violation of the law.

I remember when Obama said Bush was a danger to the Constitution because he was amassing power through legislating by Executive Order. Before Obama got on that band wagon.

I remember when Obama thought the Arab Spring was a good thing, though he hasn't mentioned it since Egypt blew up.

I remember before Obama when Egypt was an ally, Iraq was much more peaceful under the control of US forces, Libya was no threat to us, we were winning in Afghanistan, and Syria wasn't a breeding ground for terrorists.

I remember when Obama bragged about ending the Iraq War, before it got much worse.

I remember when Harry Reid was as hotly opposed to Illegal Immigration as Cesar Chavez was in his day, before he realized there were millions of potential Democrat votes waiting at the border.

I remember when Obama said he didn't want to take people's guns away, before he praised Australia for taking people's guns away and said we should do that here.

I remember when an Attorney General who referred to one ethnic group as "my people," and refused to prosecute voter intimidation because the thugs were from "his people" would have been considered a racist by the media.

I remember when universities thought their mission was to teach students how to think, not what to think.

I remember when Al Gore said the arctic would be ice free in the summer of 2013, before the ice increased.

I remember when the media presented the news rather than advocating for a political agenda. Back when they were trusted, before they declined.

I remember when the left called it "Global Warming," before the warming stopped about 1995 and they had to switch to "Climate change" to keep the scare up to generate tax dollars for green cronies.

I remember when Obama promised he wouldn't sign a health care reform bill that raised the deficit by a dime, before he signed the ACA which will cost billions.

I remember when Obama promised that if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, before he signed Obamacare that forces millions of folks to switch doctors.

I remember when liberals though discriminating on the basis of race was evil, before they pushed affirmative action that discriminated by race, and discriminated against Asians on the basis of race in college admissions to foster "diversity."

I remember when Terrorist Bill Ayers was an Obama supporter, rather than a guy in the neighborhood Obama hardly knew.

I remember when Tony Rezko was a respected lobbyist who helped Obama get a discount on his mansion, before Rezko was convicted of corruption. (John Kass of the Chicago Tribune calls Rezko, "Obama's Real estate Fairy.")

I remember when Obamacare was "settled law," before Obama delayed parts of it over and over, and waived parts of it for favored groups.

I remember when Congress wrote into the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that quotas based on race would not be allowed, before bureaucrats and judges ruled they were required for affirmative action.

I remember when Obama promised that if he was elected, no one making less than $250,000 a year would pay a dime more in taxes, before he signed all the Obamacare taxes and raised others on the poor, from cigarettes to tanning salons.

I remember when the evil Dick Chaney was for Gay Marriage, and the sainted Barack Obama was opposed to it. The same position held at the time by former Mozilla Chief Executive Brendan Eich, who recently lost his job because of it. But Obama "evolved" on the issue. He actually "revolves" on a lot of issues, like the cock on a weathervane, as the political winds shift.

I remember when Obama and his puppets blamed the Benghazi murders on a video, before they admitted that it was terrorism, which officials knew from the first minute.

I remember when Obama promised the stimulus would produce shovel-ready jobs, before admitting it didn't.

I remember when the Clintons were wealthy enough to buy two mansions, which no house I've owned would cover the down payment on, before I learned they were "dead broke" at the time.

I remember when I was told that if I supported Goldwater, I'd have to serve in a war in Vietnam. I did, and I did.

I remember when Democrat Wunderkind Bill Clinton, as Commander in Chief, ordered the military to adopt "Don't ask, Don't Tell," which progressives in the universities used to attack the military for following orders.

I remember when Obamacare was called "affordable," before it resulted in higher fees, higher premiums and higher taxes.

*****

Permission to repost or forward, without editorial changes and with credit to the author, is granted. Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam Veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. He is the author of The Coming Collapse of the American Republic.

http://tiny.cc/g02s4 For a free PDF of Collapse, e-mail him at tartanmarine(at)gmail.com. Hall’s eleven books are listed here: http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-book-published.html

No comments:

Post a Comment