Saturday, February 22, 2020

Amazon Echo Dot


Amazon Echo Dot
Our granddaughter, Britnye, gave both Bonnie and I dots for Christmas. We are hooked. One in the bedroom, one in the living room. We signed up for Amazon Music Unlimited on moth of them, total $8 a month. At a request, Alexia pays music I have loved since the 1960s Kingston Trio, Clancy Brothers, Brothers Four, Limelighters, Joan Baez. And music I have discovered since: the Corries, The Dubliners, North Sea Gas, Jean Redpath. This morning we left at 8. I left John Denver on for the pets. It was still playing when we got home at 6. And some new music I found looking for particular songs on YouTube: Old Blind Dogs, Sheila Ryan. The sound is amazing for such a small device.
I won’t give up the CD player. Amazon doesn’t have some groups I thought were well known: Cherish the Ladies, Gaberlunzie, or local/regional music I like: Charlie Zahm, Margaret Gravitt, The Eddystone Singers, Two for the Brew. Yes, I’ve read the staff that says she is listening. To What? Who Cares? ~Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment