Sunday, December 19, 2021

Florida man used flamethrower to settle parking dispute, police say

 Florida man used flamethrower to settle parking dispute, police say

Excerpt: A Florida man angry over his neighbors’ parking habits sprayed fire from a commercial flamethrower toward a car with three teenagers inside, police said. No one was hurt. Andre Abrams, 57, of Gainesville, is facing three counts of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intending to kill, according to court records. He posted a $15,000 bond last week and is awaiting a decision whether prosecutors will formally file criminal charges. The mother of one of the teens, Ashley Gainey, said Abrams frequently sprayed the flamethrower to scare off guests at her home. Gainey’s daughter, Nate’talya Baker, 16, fled the car with her friends as Abrams continued to spray flames toward them, police said. “When he shoots it, it lights the whole road up,” Gainey said. “It’s like it’s daylight outside. He’ll do it in the middle of the night.” [A FLAMETHROWER! YES! I’ve got to get one of these, right after I move to Florida. When I say “We’ll have a hot time, tonight,” I’ll really mean it. Seriously, familiarization with the flamethrower during Marine training was FAR more frightening to me than learning to throw hand grenades. Ron P.]

Me, too. I was more scared when a flame thrower backed up on me at Camp Lejeune than I ever was in Vietnam. ~Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment