Saturday, April 1, 2023

Random thoughts for April

 

Random Thoughts for April, 2023

Robert A. Hall

Feel free to post or forward.

 

Health Update: Breathing some better. FEV Numbers (Forced Expository Volume, the liters of air I can expel in a second) were up, in the 1.6 range for the first time this year, now down againto the 1.5 range. But my tremor and the arthritis in my hands are getting worse. It make’s texting almost impossible, typing vary hard, and my handwriting (always bad) is now unreadable by me. Hearing is getting worse; VA gave me new hearing aids. But weight down to 155. Yea! I continue to march.

 

My New Book has Launched: Crude, Rude, and Lewd Jokes: Something to Offend Everyone. $6.99

This book has over 700 jokes, limericks, quips, and one-liners, that will make you a star at the bar, but a pariah at the church social.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Rude%2C+Crude%2C+and+Lewd+jokes&i=stripbooks&crid=2BCJTP14G5B1B&sprefix=rude%2C+crude%2C+and+lewd+jokes%2Cstripbooks%2C102&ref=nb_sb_noss

 

my favorite April Fool’s joke is to leave a shoe untied. When someone points it out, I smile and say, “I know it’s April Fool’s Day, you won’t catch me with that old one!”

 

New scam: A pleasant recorded female voice says, “This is a call from your utility company. A review of your records indicates you have been paying too much for gas and electricity. To receive a $50 credit and lower your bills by 35%, please press one.” (Notice they don’t say which company. And who doesn’t want to lower their bills?) Usually, I hang up. For fun, I pressed one. A guy with a foreign accident said, “How may I help you.? I asked what my utility company is. Click.

 

I went shopping March 3 and found inflation still roaring along. Gas is up again. Provolone cheese is up 50 cents a pound. The dog food our pooches like is up 30 cents for a 22 OZ can. Dollar Tree now charges $1.25 per item. Hurry, 2024.

 

One more time; repeat after me: Facts before feelings, Ability before identity, Excellence before mediocrity. ~ George S.

 

If everything about January 6 is just as the left says, why are they blocking release of the transcripts for 50 years?

 

“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet not withstanding go out to meet it.” ~ Thucydides

 

With China, we face the “Thucydides Trap, a term popularized by American political scientist Graham T. Allison to describe an apparent tendency towards war when an emerging power threatens to displace an existing great power as a regional or international hegemon.”

 

I hear Biden has contracted with Door Dash to ship his BS direct to your home.

 

I read that the board of the Silicon Valley Bank, which collapsed, was heavy with Progressive Democrats and liberal activists, with little banking experience. Go woke, go broke.

 

My new sessions of chess have started. Still enjoying teaching it to kids after school. Some of the kidsare doing quite well.

 

Legal doesn’t mean right. Slavery was legal.

 

In the pocket of a Marine private killed on Iwo Jima was a letter from a loan company, saying if he didn’t make a payment immediately, he could find himself in serious trouble.

 

“The one who throws the stone forgets; the one who is hit remembers forever.” ~ Angolan Proverb

 

I never give money to anyone who calls, texts, or emails. If everyone did that the spam/scam calls, texts, and emails would stop. would stop. And I never give out my SS# CC# or any other info unless I contacted them and know who they are.

 

I have received the great honor of being elected Newsletter Editor for the Wisconsin Chapter of the Third Marine Division Association. Well, as great an honor as possible when there was absolutely no one else willing to do it. I hope my health holds for a few years so I can fulfill the duties of the post.

 

We can’t go green without going Nuclear.

 

Having a degree doesn’t mean you’re not useless.

 

Dreams are fine. Trying to turn them into reality gets expensive fast.

 

I’m so old, I can make change.

 

The transsexual activist who committed the Christian hate murders in Nashville, killing three adults and three kids, underscores the need for armed teachers and a cop in every school. If someone had reported his mental condition, it could have been prevented. (Preferred pronoun is her, but murdering scum don’t deserve a choice of pronouns.)

 

If you want to find if you have cuts and nicks on your hands, try hand sanitizer.

 

“It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better.” ~ Sir Francis Drake

 

“175 children have died since the massacre at Columbine, Colorado, a school shooting that happened during the assault weapons ban.  In 2021, four hundred sixty-five children died on the streets of just nine American cities.  … More than 1400 people were shot in Philadelphia from January to August of 2022, but the District Attorney decided not to prosecute many gun possession crimes because that would mostly target young black men.” ~ Erick Erickson 

 

Note from a dental technician who bought two of my quote books: “My dad and whole family will greatly enjoy these as they resonate with everything we value & hold dear. What a gift you have & what a sacrifice of time.” ~ Emily

 

Email from a guy in NC: “I  bought four copies of your Quotes. I gave three to friends and one is on my desk.  GREAT WORK !” – Kirk. He followed up that he bought a two more books for other friends! He also wrote a very positive review on Amazon.

 

*****

Quotes for the Conservative Heart: Ideas as Weapons of Defense

Print $9.99:

Kindle $2.99: https://www.amazon.com/Quotes-Conservative-Heart-Weapons-Defense-ebook/dp/B0B44B7F3R/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1655505879&sr=1-1

Quotes for the Conservative Heart is a collection of over 1,900 quotes, thoughts, and adages that will make you think (which may be an uncomfortable experience), which will help you defend yourself against ad hominin attacks, and which will help your writing and speaking. They will inspire you to fight a bit harder and a bit longer. As necessary to your security as an extra magazine, this book will help you identify threats to you, your family, and your culture. Open carry (of this book) is encouraged. We hope it will be a constant companion and a treasured possession. If you like it, please review on Amazon and tell your friends.

 

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam Veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. He is the author of The Coming Collapse of the American Republic. http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Collapse-American-Republic-prevent/dp/1461122538/ref=sr_1_5?s=booksandie=UTF8andqid=1304815980andsr=1-5 For a free PDF of Collapse, e-mail him at tartanmarine(at)gmail.com. Hall’s other books are listed here: https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/7362663422037727028/9086317755245136353

His blog of political news and conservative comment is www.tartanmarine.blogspot.com. He currently volunteers as a writer-editor in the My Life, My Story program as the Madison VA hospital, interviewing vets and writing up their life histories. He is also teaching chess to kids after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment