Friday, August 14, 2020

Book recommendation: Days of Burning, Days of Wrath


Book recommendation: Days of Burning, Days of Wrath (8) (Carrera) by Tom Kratman

The arrival of a new Kratman book in my mail box means several things. One, I won’t get enough sleep in the next couple of days. Two, I will leave undone several things I aught to have done, and three, I will have several hours of pure reading bliss. I suspect that if you read through all the reviews of his Carrera series, several will say, “The best book yet.” I will avoid that cliché and just say each one seems better than the last. Kratman is now the equal of Robert Heinlein. I finished this book in about 50 hours, but I had medical and work things that did not admit of postponement.
The intricacies of the plot, the depth of the characters, and Kratman’s wide understanding of history and military matters make him the master of this genre. He is a retired LtCol (USA) with a better grasp of tactics, strategy, weapons, and human nature than most generals. While this book will stand alone, if you haven’t read the rest of the series, I urge you to do so. In this book, the good guys finally go over to the offensive and lay the ground work for taking the fight back to Earth. Not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment