Thursday, August 15, 2019

the future is dark

I am very sorry to admit that I have slowly been forced into pessimism about our future. Whether by conspiracy or not, what the old radical leftsts called the "long march through institutions" has taken place, and the fraction of Americans who really are Far Left have become the tail that wags the dog, and a large chunk of the population who aren't really
Leftists themselves have swallowed the Kool-Aid and are following along. I am no longer sure at all that we can recover from this to something like the reasonably unified and patriotic America of 1960, in fact, I am increasingly pessimistic that there is no way to go back.

I don't want my grandchildren to have lives with a lot less freedom than mine, but I'm afraid there's not much that can be done about that. Other than a convulsion in our society that is horrendous and bloody, and winds up sliding towards the Far Right, as the Weimar Republic did. Or an actual break up of the nation, into a patchwork of red and blue states, which I am not sure can be done or is practical in any sense. I wish I
could look forward to an end of my life when I felt confident about the future of my family and the nation I love, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Between the clever insidiousness of the Leftists and PC crazies and the decline of Western culture in general, things have gone so far downhill that it's hard to see a way back up the hill. Yes, there
are still good people, good families, good patriots, but we have become a minority, and with the media and academia and corrupt/crazy politicians all undercutting what was good about our nation, I can't see how we can turn any of this around.

We can only wait and see, hope and pray. And as silly as it sounds overall, to stockpile supplies and ammo, and own property that's away from population centers and has arable land and good water. How discouraging is that? If anyone has ideas that are more positive, please do pass them on to me. -Del

Del—

I think a lot of us share your fears and concerns, but don’t despair and never stop fighting.

The current generation is living proof of the wisdom of Jefferson’s observation that if a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Young people today are all too often being taught by teachers and professors who were themselves taught by anti-Vietnam radicals (who stayed in school to get Ph.Ds to avoid the draft. Brilliant scholars like Mark Moyar can’t even get an interview (“diversity” does not apply to ideas), and if nothing is done to change this our grandchildren may well one day ask us or their parents what it was like when America was free. (Apologies to Governor Reagan for the absence of a footnote.)

The good news is the facts are on our side—as evident by the refusal in 2014 of any of the more than two-dozen anti-Vietnam activists to accept out invitation to debate at the National Press Club.)

It is an uphill battle, because most of today’s educators have been misled and the voices that might enlighten them are often ignored or silenced. But the stakes are too high, so sitting back and watching people sacrifice their children’s future freedom in return for having politicians increase their taxes and then use it to pay off their student loans is not an option. Most of us are old, and many infirm. But that is no excuse for not fighting for the freedom of future generations.

Keep the faith, and keep fighting!

Bob

I have felt pretty much the same way since I published:
The Coming Collapse of the American Republic: And what you can do to prevent it
All royalties go to The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund to help wounded veterans.Sice I published this about eight year ago. since then things have gotten much worse, with several new trends not in my book emerging.But I recall that Robert Heinlein said something like, "If you are going down, go down fighting. Your status in hell is determined by the number of sideboys you send ahead to announce your coming." ~Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment