Friday, August 30, 2019

"Excellent message for those healthy individuals who feel sorry for themselves."

Rick Valdes (O-2) sent this inspirational link, writing; "Excellent message for those healthy individuals who feel sorry for themselves."

Which is a good message for anyone who feels sorry for themselves.  ; >   There is always somebody around who is in worse case than you are.

I enjoyed his humor, esp. the story about the Marine NCO who gave him a pep talk.  When I was hospitalized in the old NRMC Oak Knoll in Oakland, CA, they used to send the hard cases to me. The word on the wards was “Give him to Sarge Taylor. He’ll take care of him!” - and so I did, in a number of cases, both Navy and Marines. 

I basically gave them an “amputee boot camp” and verbally smacked the shit out of them. I once took two of my charges out on liberty. We went down to Jack London Square and had a few drinks, then we went out into the parking lot and did close order drill - on crutches!  The cadence was “Crutch! Crutch! Crutch Right Crutch!”  ;  >  

SF,

Bagpipes

No comments:

Post a Comment