Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Book Recommendation - God Through Binoculars: A Hitchhiker at a Monastery


God Through Binoculars: A Hitchhiker at a Monastery by Danusha Goska
This is not a book I would ordinarily pick up, but it was a selection of the book club we belong to. I’m glad to was; I cannot recommend it highly enough. This is, I suppose, a religious book, but Dr. Goska theology is one I can agree with. She is a Castholic, but would be at odds with a lot of church leaders. It is also a book about the “professioral sewage” that has destroyed our higher education system with political correctness, tribalism, discriminate depending on the group you belong to, and general craziness. (“Professioral Sewage” is not her term. It comes from my favorite SF author, Tom Kratman.) Goska has a great eye for detail, for fining God in nature in all its aspects, some ugly. She is a great writer, with a fine turn of phrase. We only part views over Rachel Carson, who as a bird lover Goska reveres. I think hoew malaries was dropping before DDT was banned, but spiked afterward, condemning millions of black, brown and yellow kids to a miserable death in the third world. But do yourself a favor, read this book. I wish I could talk with her, or take a class from her, but at 73 given my health, that won’t happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment