Thursday, May 25, 2017

Memorial Day

My Word: War and Remembrance – My truth endures from Grandpa, Lt. Persons
A reminder of what should never be forgotten or neglected, but sometimes, too often, is. I must take minor issue with the second-last sentence. It says we all sacrificed with the trust that it would be spent wisely, but I would amend that to a hope rather than a trust. A hope that I am afraid did not exactly come to pass. But that does not invalidate in the slightest the sacrifices our people have always made in the hope of bringing about something better. It is only in the judgment that comes from above that sacrifice is fully recognized, whether it bears the intended fruit at the time or not. And we can hope and pray there will always be enough among us ready to sacrifice to protect and maintain our freedoms and our people. --Del

No comments:

Post a Comment