The Liberal's Checklist for dealing with terrorism.
1. Claim the incident was an accident.
2. when that collapses, claim it was deliberate, but nothing to do with terrorism.
3. When that falls apart, claim is was by a lone wolf, nothing to do with international terrorism.
4. When it comes out that the terrorist claimed allegiance to the Islamic state, was a devoted, very religious Muslim, had been radicalized at his local mosque, inspired by ISIS or al Qaeda, and shouted "Allah Akbar" as he murdered, claim it has nothing top do with Islam or religion, that we will never know his motive.
5. Rinse and repeat as necessary.