Bob's Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Comfort Food
I found an easy recipe on the Internet, and, of course modified it. It came out excellent, BUT I used two packages of biscuits, a mistake as there were four times as many dumplings as chicken and took longer.
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans of water
1/2 cup chopped onion or 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
1 (8 count) package Grand refrigerated biscuits
- Place cut up chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Mix onions, soup and water and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, or on low for about 8 hours.
- About 60 - 90 minutes before you are going to eat, separate each biscuit into quarters and mix in with the chick & soup mix.
- Cook for about 60-90 minutes or until biscuits are no longer doughy.