Saturday, July 4, 2015

Important: Changes to the Old Jarhead Blog

Changes to the Old Jarhead Blog
After several days of thought, I have decided I need to make changes to the blog. The fact is I just don't have the time and energy to keep up the almost-daily posts of Political News and Opinion I have done since 2009. I find I'm tired and weak a lot of the time. Therefore, please don't send me items intended for the blog.

My current time constraints are:

Medical Regimen to maintain my lung:                      35-40 hours a week
  They've added another nebulizer, two weeks on, two off, that takes 30 minutes

Sleep:                                                                          63-70 hours a week
  I find I have to get nine hours at night, often need a nap during the day

Blog as it is now:                                                        26-30 hours a week.

Totals:                                                                         124-140 hours a week
Hours in a week:                                                         168

Left:                                                                            44-28
Hours for reading, writing, going out to eat, shopping, two boards I'm on, shower & shave, stuff around the house, etc. I have some writing projects I have postpone, some projects around the house that need my attention, and I hope my strength and health will improve to the point here I can do some consulting to stretch out the retirement savings.

This does not mean I've given up, only that reality is unrelenting. I will still post the occasional item on interest on the blog, Facebook (Robert A. Hall) and Twitter (@TartanMarine.

I thank those who have contributed to the blog, and all those who have followed it. We must struggle on as time and events allow. I fear we will soon be Greece.

If you want to follow some of the news sources I used, or maybe start your own political news blog, see below. Semper Fidelis. ~Bob

Blog Sources
Below are sources that I used to created The Old Jarhead Blog political news posts, in addition to a dozen or more good folks who send me items. When it says "Email Feed," it means you can subscribe for free to an e-newsletter, alerts or columns. I subscribe to the ones listed to produce the blog. You often have to click through to get to the original source, which will likely be more straight forward than the linking site. You will also get ads and appeals for money from the sites with email feeds.

General News

Washington Post
Email feed

Foreign Policy
Email feed

Fox News
Email feed

Conservative Sites

Watchdog
Email feed

The Daily Caller
Email feed

The Weekly Standard
Email feed.

Town Hall
Email feed

Gingrich Productions.com
Email feed

Freedom Force
Email feed

This Ain't Hell
He includes as "feel good stories" cases of armed citizens defending themselves against thugs. Email feed.

Jim Geraghty, Morning Jolt
Email feed.

Jonah Goldberg, The Goldberg File
Email feed.

The Patriot Post
Email feed.

National Center for Policy Analysis
Email feed.

Daily Signal

Front Page Magazine
Email feed

Washington Times

The Federalist
Email feed

International Jewish Review
Email feed

Jewish World Review
Email feed

Bearing Arms
Email feed

Foundation for the Defense of Democracy
Email feed

Breitbart
Email feed

Rasmussen Reports
Email feed--polling reports

Michelle Malkin
Email feed

Town Hall

Red State
Email feed

Defense one (military news)
Email feed

Politico
Email feed

Hard Right Sites

These sites often use inflammatory language and personal attacks that feed red meat to supporters, but does little to win over the undecided. They often spin stories to be worse for the left than an accurate reading would justify. They also tend to indulge in unproven rumors, often posed as a question so they cannot be challenged (Is Senator X having an affair with a goat?). They give a lot of play to social issues. Still they often have nuggets worth using, or a way to click through to a more balanced version of the story, so are useful.

Conservative Tribune
Email feed

Patriot Outdoor News
Email feed--gun news

Patriot Update
Email feed

Free Beacon

American Action News
Email feed

Conservative Videos

Freedom Outpost
Email feed

Political Outcast
Email feed

The Blaze

Girl Just Want to Have Guns
Email feed. You have to click through to the sources.

Last Resistance
Email feed

Godfather Politics
Email feed

Freedoms Call
Email feed

Conservative Bite
Email feed

Religion of Peace Sites

Jihad Watch
Email feed

Israel Pundit
Email feed

Long War Journal
Email feed.

Jewish Press
Email feed

Israel Pundit
Email feed

Jerusalem Post
Email Feed.

Middle East Forum

Middle East Analysis
Email feed

Pundits who write well whom I often use

Col. Andy Weddington, USMC (Ret) http://acoloneloftruth.blogspot.com/
Thomas Sowell
Walter Williams
Daniel Greenfield
Charles Krauthammer
Larry Elder
George F. Will
Ken Blackwell

Pundits I sometimes use

Michele Malkin
Ann Counter
Larry Elder
John Hawkins

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed all the information you've provided, I'm sorry to have it "end", but I also understand time constraints. Good Health and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete