Saturday, August 3, 2013

Random Thoughts for August, 2013


Random Thoughts for August, 2013
Robert A. Hall

Get the collection! My “Random Thoughts” from 2008 through July, 2013 are now collected in this book: The Old Jarhead's Journal: Random Thoughts on Life, Liberty, and Leadership by Robert A. Hall
The Old Jarhead’s Journal is a collection of Random Thoughts on politics and life and Conservative Political Essays, mostly published on the author’s blog, including the essay “I’m Tired” which went viral on the Internet in 2009, “The Hall Platform,” “This I Believe,” and “Why I’m a Republican.” While they will be of interest to conservative thinkers, they are collected here in book form as a service to readers who wish to give a copy to a favorite liberal and watch his or her head explode. All royalties are donated to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.

I appreciate all the folks endorsing me on Linked in, but I never use it except to link to people who ask.

Detroit: The Progressive Future of Obama’s Fundamentally Changed America.

In ten years there will be drones over cities like Detroit, LA and Chicago, taking out armed gangs on the street. You read it here first.

Trayvon Martin’s girl friend said that “Nigga” isn’t racist. So if I wear a “Hey, Nigga, Trayvon had it coming” tee shirt on the south side of Chicago, no problems, right?

The Westboro Baptist Church problem is easily solved. You just need a Marine Vet to bust one in the Snot Locker, then a Marine vet cop to arrest all the church members for incitement to violence. Repeat as needed.

Do you wonder if Obama regrets waiving the human rights requirement so he could give $1.3B of your dollars to the Egyptian Muslim brotherhood in military aid back in May? No, probably not. He can do no wrong.

How can Paula Deen be a racist when she is a Democrat who campaigned for Obama? I thought only Republicans could be called racists?

Frankly, I can’t recall ever hearing of Paula Deen before she became a racist. I do a lot of cooking and baking—my Apple Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookies and my Oatmeal Biscuits are to die for—but I watch almost no TV, don’t read cookbooks or recipe magazines.

I hope my obit will say, “He was a Friend to freedom.”

I bet conservatives are glad that RINO Gabriel Gomez lost in Massachusetts, because old liberal pol Sen. Ed Markey will do as much for saving the country as Sen. Sacagawea.

How come if there’s a Republican “war on Women,” Democrats seem to be inflicting most of the casualties?
 
Chicago: Congested, Corrupt and Crime-ridden.

I’m not surprised that millions of Egyptians are in the streets. I’m surprised that millions of Americans are not. But it’s coming.

Since my wife found out that face transplants are possible, she checks on Brad Pitt’s health every day.

I’ve reached the point in life where I can go from zero to one in only ten minutes. But I have to rest afterwards.

Gee, Obama supported the “democratic” protest movement in Egypt when they helped bring the Muslim Brotherhood to power by tossing out a US ally, but now opposes the much larger anti-Muslim Brotherhood democratic protests. Who could have guessed?

I see people on Twitter asking for donations. Can’t think why people should give me money, but they are welcome to if they want.

There are many reasons why I couldn’t make it through Parris Island today, not the least that I need to make head calls now at lot more often than my DIs would have permitted. Then there’s the PT thing…

I read that General Mills has declared Lucky Charms the gay pride cereal. I suspect they hate gays and are trying to get them to eat cereal that is really bad for people.

Every bad idea someone once thought that was a really good idea.

There are women a guy wouldn’t mind spending a night with because of their looks that he wouldn’t want to spend a day with because of their personalities. I assume this is true of women, though I discovered as a senator they were more likely to be shallow about status and titles than about looks. Thank God.

Many a man is grateful in later years that his proposal of marriage was rejected.

How about this rule? No foreign aid to any country where more than 20% of girls suffer from Female Genital Mutilation. Looking at you, Egypt.

An attractive woman who is too obviously aware of her attractiveness loses some of it.

If I knew then, what I know now, I’d have gotten in a lot more trouble then.

Obamacare: “65 is the new dead.”

Sen. Tom Coburn is not allowed to practice medicine while in the senate, even pro bono delivering babies for the poor, to avoid conflict of interest. But a worse conflict of interest is lawyers practicing law while holding public office—that should be outlawed.

Public service should be a sacrifice, not an opportunity.

I bet you know someone who, if you are bad, will be your roommate in hell.

Lawyer’s ad: Don’t stew—sue!

Ways to honor a veteran’s passing: Do something to try to preserve this Republic. Help a wounded vet. Teach a child about the relationship between limited government, property rights, free markets, civil rights, prosperity and freedom.

The less rational people, left and right, seem to collect the most adherents and dollars. And people do what they are rewarded for doing.

Democrats: Making cities into slums for over 100 years.

The history of the Obama administration should be entitled: The Rule of Error. If anyone is writing books by then.

Tee Shirt Suggestion: I haven't killed anyone in years. But I haven't forgotten how.

Vandals used to come after you with fire and sword to rob you. But now they have learned how to vote.

Business, sports and war tend to eliminate the lazy. Politics, too, mostly.

The organization I manage is sending out a survey. Boss emphasized we need 100% participation. Hope so, but I suspect you could give away $100 bills on the street and not get 100% takers.

If I was looking to relocate or open a business, before I picked a state to put it in, I’d look at its long term pension debt. No use volunteering to join a herd of milk cows that will be milked dry to buy more votes from the public unions. And locating in a large Democrat-run city adds in the costs of corruption and crime as well.

It’s been sweltering in Chicago, with temps hitting 92-94 degrees on July 16. But the record was 100 degrees, set in 1898, you know, when all those SUVs caused global warming.

Every week I read about some famous person who died, who I had never heard of. I’m a pop culture dropout.

There were reportedly 61 murders in Chicago during the Zimmerman trial. Your challenge: Name one victim.

White privilege: You are twice as likely to be murdered by a black person as a black person is by a white person.

White House ObamaCare failure strategy: Blame Republicans, go for single payer like the UK has.

It’s not that I’m wiser at 67 than I was at, say, 20 or 28. It’s just that I don’t have the energy to be as stupid.

If someone asks you who is winning in Syria, just say, “The Bad guys.” You’ll likely be right.

So “It’s open season on young black males in Florida” after the Zimmerman verdict. Tell me, black folks, would you feel safer with your child growing up in Stanford, FL or on the south side of Chicago, IL, Obama’s hometown?

Funny how stupid folks are also so often rude.

I disagree with those who think Obama wants to be king. He’d see that as a demotion.

Someday, people will look at the wreckage of civilization and ask, “why didn’t somebody do something?” The won’t realize that it is their parents and grandparents, alive now, who should have done “something,” but are too busy now with sports, American Idol and getting free stuff from the government to bother.

I was thinking abut the old days, you know, when feminists said that women didn’t lie about rape, and that an older make boss having sex with a young female employee was the equivalent of rape, due to the power imbalance. Then Bill Clinton was accused of rape by Juanita Broderick and had sex with a young employee in the office. The president and a paid intern is the ultimate power imbalance, so this destroyed their naive assumptions. Good, innocent times.

Hezbollah attacked Israel for years. Then they attack the al Qaeda linked Syrian opposition, and suddenly the European Union labels them a terrorist organization.

I wonder how many black babies will be named “Trayvon” in the next year. And how many “Trayvons” will die as teens or young men from the violence that is endemic to the black community. Statistics suggest that 9 out of 10 of those who do will be murdered by another black male, not be a white person. Not even a “white Hispanic.”

I don’t like abortion, but you have to say this for it. Without abortion, there’d be millions more black Democrats alive today.

I wonder if all those folks who voted for San Diego Mayor Bob Filner for Congress over Iraq war vet and hero Nick Popaditch because of the Republicans’ “War on Women” are happy with all the sexual harassment charges against Filner now.

Obama Phones, welfare, food stamps and expanded disability are the opiate of the masses.

Real men buy their own birth control.

Do you think Planned Parenthood went too far in calling the Royal Baby, “The One Who Got Away”?

Obama has pivoted to jobs 19 times. The point is not to pivot—the point is to score!

As long as young black males commit an outrageously disproportionate number of crimes, especially including assaults and murder, then whites, blacks, Asians and Hispanics will be cautious around them. That’s not racism, it’s common sense.

A majority of Americans opposed ObamaCare and a majority wants it repealed. A majority want the border secured before any “path to citizenship.” A majority want abortion limited after 20 weeks. Too bad Democrats don’t believe in democracy.

I might start to like WikiLeaks if they’d release Obama’s college grades and SAT scores. Must be worse than Bush’s or they’d be out there.

There’s a movement on Twitter to get the Obamas to commit to Detroit as their next vacation destination, to boost the city. I’m in!

Any day, I expect Obama to appoint Carlos Danger to a cabinet post.

I wish they’d make it clear if the Royal Baby is named for George Bush or George Zimmerman.

If you call me a RINO, am I still allowed to vote for conservatives, or do you insist that I vote for liberals too?

Obama called Fast and Furious and Benghazi “phony scandals.” Does that mean Brian Terry, Chris Steven and the SEALs aren’t really dead? Too bad Nixon didn’t think of this for Watergate—where no one died.

Barack Obama thinks reducing income inequality is the most important economic goal. That is, if you make $80k and another guy makes $250k, you’ll both be better off if he can get your incomes down to $40k each.

If you are employed in the private sector, the Democrat party is a predator that views you as its natural prey.

I’m willing to take hush money from the government, but I understand you have to know something they want you to hush about.

I’m a veteran of the Republican War on Women. In fact, I came back with a war bride 21 years ago.

I saw a headline that read “Free OJ,” and thought it was a promotion for Florida Orange Juice. Turns out to be a story about O. J. Simpson seeking parole. I think it might help if he’d say, “Barack Obama could have been my son.”

It’s fine if you think George Zimmerman and Roderick Scott are murderers. It’s not fine to assault the innocent and destroy things because you think so.

I think that Anthony Weiner and Geraldo Rivera taking “Casual Friday” to Twitter and e-mail is going too far.

There is no rapist, home invader, drug dealer or other armed thug who thinks you should have the right to own and carry a gun. Which is why you do.

I’m not saying I think Obama’s a crooked Chicago politician. I’m just saying that when he dies, they’ll have to screw him into the ground. (Yes, it’s an old political joke.)

Since blacks are 13% of the population, but reportedly have 40% of the abortions, isn’t supporting abortion racist, because it keeps the black population down?

If I were a condiment, it wouldn’t be sugar or honey, but not vinegar, either. Probably pepper or maybe ginger.

“Customer Service” for most companies now consists of a voice mail system so complex and frustrating you give up, thus they save money.

A Progressive’s right to protest does not trump my right to go peacefully undisturbed about my lawful business, regardless of what they think.

A Progressive’s right to freedom of speech does not require me to pay for the dissemination of their speech, regardless of what they think.

A lot of folks’ idea of freedom in this world is freedom for them to do what they want, you shut up and do what you are told, whether it’s observe Sharia Law or buy health insurance.

Detroit’s collapse started with the 1967 race riots, after which a whole lot of decent, productive folks, black and white, fled Detroit, taking their tax dollars, consumer spending. Professional expertise and businesses with them. A great many of the poor blacks living in today’s Detroit hellhole were not alive in 1967, but they can thank blacks from that area for destroying the city. Few dare say this.

Let me see if I get this. Bill Clinton, who cheated on his wife by having oral sex with a young employee in the Oval Office, is livid at being compared to Anthony Weiner, who sent a salacious photo of himself to women and had on line, but not in person affairs with women. Have I got it? I suggest Weiner send Clinton a box of cigars by way of apology.

If you are looking for “meaning” in yourself, you have a meaningless life.

Conservatives are screaming, but I kind of like the Congressional Black Caucus suggestion that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas to be the next Secretary of Homeland Security. She would bring a whole new level of stupidity to the position and the Obama administration, and might collapse the Homeland Security/TSA house of cards.

Obama, as usual, has it backwards. They are real scandals, including real dead people. But it’s a phony economic recovery.

It’s hard to believe that Sydney Leathers, Anthony Weiner’s on-line sex partner and Obama field operative, doesn’t have a made p name like “Carlos Danger.”

The problem in the Middle East is the Jews and the Muslims have goals that cannot be reconciled. The Jews want to be left alone to live their lives in peace. The Muslims want all the Jews dead or expelled from Israel.

The problem with moderate Muslims is that too many of them, though they wouldn’t kill you themselves, think it is pleasing to God when the Islamists kill you.

If Obama announcing a “Grand Bargain” doesn’t make you put your hand on your wallet, you haven’t been paying attention.

Before you announce a “Grand Bargain,” shouldn’t you talk to the people you want to make the bargain with to see if they are interested? Otherwise, it’s just PR.

The Anthony Weiner scandals didn’t change my opinion. I’d have never voted for him for anything without the scandals.

I doubt any women lobbying for the “equality” of having women in combat are planning to go themselves—or have their daughters serve.

If the minimum wage goes up to $15, will folks on disability, social security and unemployment get an increase to offset the resulting inflation?

Being on the Lung Transplant List is kind of like being in Vietnam. Everything is quiet and normal, but the phone on your belt could ring at any moment and in a couple of hours, you’ll be in a life and death struggle. And, like Vietnam, I got used to it by the second day and went on with life.

I’m now too weak to stalk anyone. But if you’ll come by my room and beep, I’ll wave from the window. Will that do?

When someone puts “gentle reminder” in the email subject line, it means, “Get off your butt and do what you are supposed to do.”

My wife asked me recently if I felt like a nap. I replied that the only time in the last five months when I didn’t feel like a nap was when I was asleep.

Bradley Manning was convicted on most charges, acquitted on two. So, naturally, in most of the left-media the headline was “Manning Acquitted.”


*****

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam Veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. He is the author of The Coming Collapse of the American Republic.
http://tiny.cc/g02s4 For a free PDF of Collapse, e-mail him at tartanmarine(at)gmail.com. All Hall’s books are listed here: http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-book-published.html

No comments:

Post a Comment